Business Improvement District (BID) for Aberystwyth
Businesses in Aberystwyth are being asked to consider establishing a Business Improvement District (BID) in 2016. A BID enables local businesses to champion improvements for their trading environment.
A Business Improvement District is a business led and funded organisation that will raise an investment pot for Aberystwyth town centre of over £700k over five years, from a levy of 1.25% of the rateable value of eligible businesses. This money will be spent on a targeted programme of beneficial projects to ensure that Aberystwyth has the best chance of success in these challenging times and make a real difference over five years.
A BID can only be set up after a democratic ballot of all businesses in the proposed BID area. Aberystwyth Council is supporting the BID initiative.
The idea of BID is to:
- Improve access and connectivity in and around the town.
- Strengthen relationships between the private and public sectors.
- Develop a stronger business community.
- Enhance what our town has to offer.
- Build upon the town’s reputation for entertainment with a programme of vibrant events.
For more information, please see the Advancing Aberystwyth (BID) web site.